KonaKart – a java eCommerce system
February 29, 2012 Leave a comment
KonaKart is a java eCommerce system aimed at medium to large online retailers. The KonaKart product is owned by DS Data Systems UK Ltd with staff in Italy and the UK.
KonaKart provides an extensive set of features to enable retailers to successfully sell their products over the internet. It is a Java / JSP / XML based solution with easy to use java APIs and a SOAP Web Service interface that allow retailers to quickly integrate eCommerce functionality into existing systems. The customizable parts of KonaKart are Open Source and available under the GNU LGPL.
KonaKart includes both a Storefront application and an AJAX-enabled Administration Application. The Administration Application includes role-based security which allows companies to define the administrative functions that should be allowed for different user groups.
- Comprehensive eCommerce / shopping cart functionality
- Ease of integration through its complete set of java, SOAP, JSON and RMI APIs
- Ease of customization – with examples, tutorials and source code available
- High performance, scalability and reliability
- Ability to run as a JSR-168 portlet – eg in Liferay
- Wide choice of supported databases (MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, MS SQL Server)
The Community Edition of is free and can be downloaded from the KonaKart website.
Hope you will enjoy this. Cheers.. 😉